NMU Percussion Ensemble
The Northern Michigan University Percussion Ensemble will present a concert on Saturday April 5, 3:00 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall located inside Hedgcock.
The concert encompasses a broad spectrum of musical styles and an array of percussion instruments (cowbells, temple blocks, chimes, bells, electrical tubing, cymbals, metal bowls, congas, bongos) and is sure to intrigue the audience's ear.
Two NMU music majors will be featured soloists. Shannon Whitehouse, NMU sophomore majoring in psychology and music from Marquette, will be performing a xylophone ragtime tune, Dill Pickles, by Charles Johnson. Amanda Flilflet, a junior music education major from Tony, WI will be performing the vigorous finale of Ney Rosauro's Concerto for Marimba with Percussion Ensemble. The concerto explores Brazilian motifs with a strong rhythmic pattern while exploring the many possibilities of modern four-mallet marimba technique. Fliflet received honorable mention in the March 18th Department of Music Performance Scholarship Competition Recital.
Most Popular Events
- Monday, October 24, 2016
- Rubrics 101 4:00 pm
- Fair Labor Standards Act Changes: A Forum for Supervisors and Employees 3:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Classic Silent Film with Live Grand Piano 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm