NMU Percussion Ensemble
The Northern Michigan University Percussion Ensemble will present a concert on Saturday April 5, 3:00 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall located inside Hedgcock.
The concert encompasses a broad spectrum of musical styles and an array of percussion instruments (cowbells, temple blocks, chimes, bells, electrical tubing, cymbals, metal bowls, congas, bongos) and is sure to intrigue the audience's ear.
Two NMU music majors will be featured soloists. Shannon Whitehouse, NMU sophomore majoring in psychology and music from Marquette, will be performing a xylophone ragtime tune, Dill Pickles, by Charles Johnson. Amanda Flilflet, a junior music education major from Tony, WI will be performing the vigorous finale of Ney Rosauro's Concerto for Marimba with Percussion Ensemble. The concerto explores Brazilian motifs with a strong rhythmic pattern while exploring the many possibilities of modern four-mallet marimba technique. Fliflet received honorable mention in the March 18th Department of Music Performance Scholarship Competition Recital.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Saturday, July 23, 2016
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare Providers 10:00 am
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm