UP Focus Exhibit
Three artists from Calumet will be featured in the next exhibit at Northern Michigan University DeVos Art Museum. "UP Focus: Cynthia Coté, Greg Green, Jack Oyler" showcase the work of artists who combine different elements of traditional image making with forms of collage.
Coté uses a variety of found objects in her work including magazines, books, photographs and other scavenged bits. She is also the founder and executive director of the Copper Country Arts Center.
Green describes his paintings and collages as "poems to snap us out of our mundane sleep or to flow with our natural rhythm."
Oyler abandoned traditional paintings several years ago and began cutting shapes and figures out of plywood. He washes the surface with thinned acrylic paint and wood stains to highlight patterns in the wood grain.
The exhibition will be on display March 3-April 6. A closing reception will be held from 6-8 p.m. Friday, April 4. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and Friday, noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and 1-4 p.m. weekends. Admission is free.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, December 02, 2015
- Presentation on South Korea History and Culture 4:00 pm
- 28th Annual Lighting Up the Holidays at NMU 5:00 pm
- Friday, December 04, 2015
- Beaumier Coffee House Series: Claudia Schmidt 7:30 pm
- Thursday, December 03, 2015
- Celebration of Excellence in Teaching & Scholarship 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 01, 2015
- Senior Recital (tent.) 7:30 pm