Tobacco Cessation Session
Northern Michigan University will become a tobacco-free campus as of Aug. 1, 2014. One of the primary goals of the initiative is to create a healthier campus community. As part of the implementation process, the university is providing a continuum of support that includes awareness, information, access to resources, decision-making support and referrals to a variety of cessation choices.
These services start with a series of tobacco cessation information and awareness sessions provided by the Marquette County Health Department. The sessions are free and open to any current NMU student, faculty and staff member. To reserve a spot at one of the sessions, call the NMU Health Center at 227-2355.
Monday, Feb. 24 -- 1:30-2:30 p.m., Services Building, room 131
Tuesday, Feb. 25 -- 11 a.m. - noon, Back Room, University Center
Wednesday, Feb. 26 -- 5:30-6:30 p.m., 2905 West Science
The "Be Free" Smoking Cessation Program is a a no-pressure, one-time workshop that shows you how YOU can be smoke-free. We give you the tools you will need to be successful when you are ready to quit smoking. You'll find ways to make it easier with helpful tips, information on medications, strategies, and what help is available.
Free Quit Kits will be available to those who wish to get started immediately. Participants will also be introduced to campus-based resources.
For more information about quitting tobacco use or NMU's tobacco-free policy, please go to www.nmu.edu/tobaccofree.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 01, 2016
- 40 Below Marquette County Young Professionals 5th Annual Young Professionals Conference 9:00 am
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Diversity in Environmental Institutions: Trends and Challenges 5:00 pm