OM Chamber Ensemble
The OM Chamber Ensemble will present a program on Saturday, March 29, at 3:00 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall. OM, a student chamber ensemble, features a full array of contemporary styles of music, seeking to present works truthfully, exploring the beauty of sound and textures in a fresh, open approach to each work.
Featured will be a premiere performance of the work North Country, in which New York composer Lucas Mason has set to music the poetry of former Ironwood resident, Melba Rigoni. The text, as one might expect, reflects the Upper Peninsula in all its color. For the performance of North Country, OM players Andrea Savord, flute; Audra Hagan, clarinet; and Harry South, bass; will be augmented by faculty guest performers Dr. Nancy Redfern, piano and Dr. Robert Engelhart, tenor.
The program will also include a wide representation of contemporary chamber music in varied combinations. Additional performers will include the NMU Student Saxophone Quartet and students with the interest to explore and present new music.
Most Popular Events
- Monday, October 24, 2016
- Rubrics 101 4:00 pm
- Fair Labor Standards Act Changes: A Forum for Supervisors and Employees 3:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 26, 2016
- Classic Silent Film with Live Grand Piano 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm