Yale Strom Klezmer Concert
Yale Strom, one of the world's leading authorities on Klezmer music, will present a lecture-performance on Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall. A violinist, composer, filmmaker, writer, photographer and playwright, Yale Strom was a pioneer among revivalists in conducting extensive field research in Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans among the Jewish and Rom communities since the early 1981. Initially, his work focused primarily on the use and performance of klezmer music among these two groups. Gradually, his focus increased to examining all aspects of their culture, from post-World War II to the present.
The performance is sponsored by the NMU departments of Music and History with support from the Ravitz Foundation.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am