Yale Strom Klezmer Concert
Yale Strom, one of the world's leading authorities on Klezmer music, will present a lecture-performance on Saturday, March 15, 2014 at 7:30 p.m. in Reynolds Recital Hall. A violinist, composer, filmmaker, writer, photographer and playwright, Yale Strom was a pioneer among revivalists in conducting extensive field research in Central and Eastern Europe and the Balkans among the Jewish and Rom communities since the early 1981. Initially, his work focused primarily on the use and performance of klezmer music among these two groups. Gradually, his focus increased to examining all aspects of their culture, from post-World War II to the present.
The performance is sponsored by the NMU departments of Music and History with support from the Ravitz Foundation.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Monday, August 29, 2016
- Marquette Choral Society Registration Continues 6:30 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm