Professor Taiaiake Alfred will be joining us via video conference from University of Victoria-British Columbia. The presentation and discussion will explore the concept of Indigenous resurgence and offer a critique of the various identities that have been created by settler society to constrain the authentic existence of Indigenous peoples historically and today.
Time: Wednesday, January 29 6.00 p.m.
Mead Auditorium-West Science Building
NMU Campus in Marquette, Michigan
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Monday, January 23, 2017
- Eben Ice Caves SkillBuilder! Workshop 4:00 pm
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Film Screening: 'Requiem for a Dream' 9:00 pm
- Sunday, February 05, 2017
- Vintage Ski Day 12:00 pm