Waterfront Lifeguard Certification
The purpose of the Waterfront Skills module is to teach lifeguards the skills and knowledge needed to prevent and respond to emergencies in nonsurf, open-water areas found at public parks, resorts, summer camps and campgrounds.
Course length is 10 hours, participant must attend all scheduled sessions.
- Candidates must have a current American Red Cross certificate for Lifeguarding/ First Aid/ CPR/ AED. *Unless this is a combined course with lifeguarding.
- Must be 15 years old on or before the final schedule session of this module.
- Swim 550 years continuously demonstrating.
- Tread water for 2 minutes using only legs.
- Complete a timed event within 1 minute, 40 seconds.
- Swim 5 yards, submerge and retrieve three dive rings placed 5 yards apart in 4 to 7 feet of water, resurface and continue to swim another 5 yards to complete the skill sequence.
Certificate Issued & Validity Period
Certification validity is two years from course completion date.
$80 for Rec Members
$100 for Non-Rec Members
*Must present valid American Red Cross lifeguard certificate on day of class.
Dates & Times: Winter 2014
noon - 6 p.m.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016
- The Second City 8:00 pm
- Family Weekend 1:00 pm
- Saturday, October 08, 2016
- Cat Career Conference 8:30 am