CPR/AED for the Adult, Child and First Aid
The American Red Cross First Aid/ CPR/ AED program helps participants recognize and respond appropriately to cardiac, breathing and first aid emergencies. The courses in this program teach skills that participants need to know to give immediate care to a suddenly injured or ill person until more advanced medical personnel arrive and take over.
This course meets guidelines and requirements for NMU teaching certification, child care center workers, and for anyone interested in learning about First Aid/ CPR/ AED use.
- Attend and participate in all course sessions
- Demonstrate competency in all required skills listed on the skills checklist
- Participate in all skills sessions
- Pass each section of the written exam with a score of 80% or better
Certification Issued & Validity Period
All First Aid/ CPR/ AED certifications are valid for two years from date of course completion.
$65 for Rec Members
$75 for Non-Members
10am-4pm on each of the following dates (choose one):
January 25, February 22, March 15, April 12
Registration for each course is available online www.nmu.edu/recreation
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, September 27, 2016
- Run 4 Lakeview 5K All Day
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, September 30, 2016
- Family Weekend 1:00 pm
- The Second City 8:00 pm