'1812' exhibition opening - Beaumier Center
The War of 1812 was a dramatic event in Canadian history. But what was at stake, and who won? The Beaumier U.P. Heritage Center is proud to bring a travelling exhibition produced by the Canadian War Museum in Ottawa to Marquette that explores the War of 1812 through the perspectives of the four central participants: Canadians (including Canadian First Peoples), Americans, the British, and Native Americans.
To celebrate the opening of this exhibition, the Beaumier Center will be hosting a reception on Thursday, January 23 at 6p.m. in the Center's gallery. Non-alcoholic drinks and hors d'oeuvres will be served. There will be comments from Dennis Moore, Public Affairs Officer, General Consulate – Detroit and also Dr. Russell Magnaghi, Professor of History, Northern Michigan University.
1812, supported by National Presenting Sponsor TD Bank Group and National Supporting Sponsor Ancestry.ca, explores the way in which each participant experienced the war. These multiple perspectives together provide a deeper understanding of the event as a whole.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Thursday, May 05, 2016
- NMU Retirees Association Spring Social 10:00 am
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- A Scandinavian Dinner 6:00 pm
- Saturday, May 07, 2016
- River Valley Hope Starts Here Challenge 7:00 am
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Moose on the Loose Family Fun Run and 5K 9:30 am