Discussion: Impact of Domestic and Sexual Violence
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The Women's Center and Harbor House is organizing this discussion panel to raise awareness as to the impact that domestic and sexual violence has on our community in honor of this month. We are working in collaboration with NMU's Housing & Residence Life program, Women for Women, as well as the psychology department's honor society, Psi Chi to sponsor this event. We are going to have panelists from the county prosecutor's office, Marquette General Hospital's emergency department, the Women's Center's sexual assault advocate, the Women's Center and Harbor House's director, and several other community members. We hope this discussion will help educate both the student body and the community as to the importance of these issues and what we can do as a community to take a stand against violence.
Sponsor: The Marquette Women's Center & Harbor House, along with NMU's Women for Women, Psi Chi, and other community organizations.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- NMU Day at Sands Speedway 5:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Thursday, August 25, 2016
- Sex Signals 8:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm