Visiting Poet Jonathan Johnson Reading
Poet Jonathan Johnson, Marquette Senior High School and Northern Michigan University alum, will read in the English Department's Visiting Writers Program. The event will be held October 17 at 7:30 p.m. in Marquette and Nicolet Rooms of the University Center.
Johnson is the author of two books of poetry, In the Land We Imagined Ourselves (Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2010) and Mastodon, 80% Complete (Carnegie Mellon University Press, 2001), and the memoir Hannah and the Mountain (University of Nebraska Press, 2005). His work has been featured on National Public Radio's Writer's Almanac with Garrison Keillor and in Best American Poetry, American Poetry: The Next Generation, and numerous other anthologies, as well as Southern Review, Missouri Review, Ploughshares, North American Review, and Prairie Schooner.
The event, free and open to the public, is sponsored by the English Department's MFA and MA programs in creative writing, Passages North literary magazine, and Sigma Tau Delta, the English honor society. Light refreshments will be served. For more information, please call the Visiting Writers Program director at 227-1386.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Monday, August 01, 2016
- Tobacco-free Anniversary Event 11:00 am
- Monday, August 22, 2016
- Marquette Choral Society Registration for "Messiah" 6:30 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm