Visiting Artist Talk: Illustrator John Hendrix
As part of The Society of Illustrators Annual Travel Show, St. Louis-based illustrator John Hendrix will give a talk on Weds., Oct. 30 at 7pm.
John Hendrix is an acclaimed illustrator whose work has garnered many accolades including the Society of Illustrator's Silver Medal in 2006 and 2008, the 3x3 Gold Medal in sequential illustration, and the SILA Silver Best of Show Award. Henrdrix's extensive list of clients includes Sports Illustrated, Entertainment Weekly, Rolling Stone, The New Yorker, The Wall Street Journal, Newsweek, The New York Times, Scholastic Books, The Progressive, Paste Magazine, Spin, Premiere, Esquire, Penguin Books and Vanity Fair, among many others.
In addition to editorial and publishing work, Hendrix currently teaches illustration and typography in the Communication Design program at Washington University in St. Louis. Hendrix holds a BFA from The University of Kansas and a MFA from The School of Visual Arts. More info:www.johnhendrix.com.
The Society of Illustrators Annual Travel Show, now in its 55th year, features 46 pieces of the most outstanding works created throughout the year. The Illustrators Annual is open to artists worldwide, and a jury of professional illustrators and art directors select pieces from thousands submitted.
The exhibition runs October 11 – November 17, 2013.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, December 28, 2016
- NMU Hockey vs. Cornell Post-Game Reception 6:30 pm
- Tuesday, January 10, 2017
- Winter Professional Development Day: Writing Retreat 9:00 am
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Winter Semester Job Fair 1:00 pm
- Sunday, December 11, 2016
- Upper Peninsula Youth Orchestra 3:00 pm