Your Health: Living with Parkinson's Disease
Living Well with Parkinson's Disease
As many as one million Americans are living with Parkinson's disease today. While a diagnosis can be devastating, it is important to know that there are a number of treatments available for those coping with the disease. Join Dr. Tim Collier at this Your Health Lecture to learn more about Parkinson's disease and the latest research and promising new treatments that can positively affect lifestyle, given at 7 p.m., Thursday, April 3, Reynolds Recital Hall.
The Your Health Lecture Series is a collaborative community event sponsored by Northern Michigan University, Marquette General Hospital - Duke Lifepoint Hospital, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Upper Peninsula Campus.
Dr. Tim Collier, PhD, is a professor in the MSU College of Human Medicine Department of Translational Science & Molecular Medicine, Edwin A. Brophy Endowed Chair in Central Nervous System Disorders and Director of the Morris K. Udall Center for Excellence in Parkinson's Disease Research. More than 10 years ago he became a member of a four principal investigator collaborative team that has been studying issues of dopamine neuron biology as they apply to aging, Parkinson's disease and experimental therapeutics. In 2010, the team was recruited to MSU College of Human Medicine where they continue to study Parkinson's disease with interests in cell transplantation, growth factors, stem/progenitor cell biology, gene transfer, and dietary/exercise interventions among others.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm