Your Health: Community Impact
Does Your Community Impact Your Health?
There is an undeniable link between where we live and the health of our community. Access to health care doesn't necessarily lead to a healthy population. Should we rethink health care and focus resources on prevention? Can we be healthy if our community is not? Join Dr. Greg Holzman at this Your Health Lecture to learn more about keeping our community healthy, given at 7 p.m., Thursday, Jan. 30, at Reynolds Recital Hall.
The Your Health Lecture Series is a collaborative community event sponsored by Northern Michigan University, Marquette General Hospital - a Duke Lifepoint Hospital, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Michigan State University College of Human Medicine Upper Peninsula Campus.
Dr. Holzman is the associate chair of preventive medicine and medical director of the Family Medicine Network at MSU College of Human Medicine. Dr. Holzman was previously chief medical executive for the Michigan Department of Community Health where worked on several public health policy issues, ranging from smoke-free legislation to funding for a state-wide trauma system. He has special interests in social determinants of health, health promotion and disease prevention, elimination of health disparities and building better integration between clinical medicine, public health, and community-based organizations.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Monday, July 11, 2016
- Preterm Labor Toolkit Event 6:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm