"MUTT" is intended for mature audiences. Parental discretion is advised.
"MUTT" was shot entirely in the Upper Peninsula and features all local actors. The film follows Meda Paavola, a young woman who is half Finnish and half Native American, as she struggles to find love and her own identity in a multi-cultural world. Meda's mother died when she was very young and she has been raised entirely by her Finnish family with almost no exposure to Native American culture. That changes when she meets and falls in love with Neil, a young Native American man who lives on a nearby reservation. Tensions arise when Meda's white family has trouble adjusting to her newly rediscovered roots and Neil's traditional Native family rejects Meda as a half-breed and not a member of their tribe. Will Meda and Neil's love be enough to overcome the prejudice shared by these families or will it destroy the young couple?
Most Popular Events
- Monday, February 08, 2016
- CANCELLED Speaker: Ilyasah Shabazz 7:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Wine & Beer Pairing Event 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 10, 2016
- Skill Builder! Workshop: Global Discussion Panel 6:00 pm
- College of Business Speed Interviewing 6:00 pm
- Tuesday, February 09, 2016
- 2016 Great Decisions Global Discussion Series 9:00 am