Movie Presentation 'Walkout'
"Walkout" Educational Reform in Public Schools Based on True Events
Date: Thursday, April 3rd
Time: 5:30 pm
Location: Whitman Hall Commons Area
In 1968 Chicano (Mexican-American) Youth in low income, East Los Angeles high schools organize a series of protests and walkouts to demand adequate learning facilities, college preparation courses, and an end to corporal punishment for speaking Spanish.
Sponsored by: NMU"s President's Committee on Diversity, MERC, Latino Student Union, English Department, School of Education, Leadership and Public Service, and the History Department
Most Popular Events
- Friday, December 02, 2016
- Beaumier Coffee House Series - Joe Secreast and Wylde Flowers 7:00 pm
- Conversation with Jessica Cruz Chief Diversity & Inclusion Officer 12:00 pm
- Winter Wonderland Dinner at the Marketplace 4:00 pm
- Friday, December 09, 2016
- Yooper Night at the Joe 5:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 06, 2016
- Career Chats with Alumni - #5 10:00 am