General Education Program
The General Education Council invites you to a forum on the newly developed General Education Program.
Monday March 24
Charcoal Room of the University Center
This will be the ONLY forum that will be presented on the proposal that we intend to forward to Senate in time for consideration in April prior to the end of the semester. We only have time for one more forum because of this time constraint, so we ask you to do your best to attend and, certainly, make sure that at least one person from your department attends. There will be ample time for discussion through the Senate process, but we hope to make our initial proposal to them as strong as possible and we need your input prior to submission!
The proposal to be presented includes our current (and close to final) version of the new General Education Program, which is substantially modified (based on campus feedback) from those that were presented at our earlier events. We will also be presenting information on significant proposed additions to the University Graduation Requirements that we have developed in concert with the General Education program.
The presentation will be made available on Monday via our website and we will welcome input at the forum and to GEC members for the remainder of the week; we may be able to make some more minor adjustments (if needed) prior to the final proposal being sent to Senate.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm