UP Focus Exhibit
Three artists from Calumet will be featured in the next exhibit at Northern Michigan University DeVos Art Museum. "UP Focus: Cynthia Coté, Greg Green, Jack Oyler" showcase the work of artists who combine different elements of traditional image making with forms of collage.
Coté uses a variety of found objects in her work including magazines, books, photographs and other scavenged bits. She is also the founder and executive director of the Copper Country Arts Center.
Green describes his paintings and collages as "poems to snap us out of our mundane sleep or to flow with our natural rhythm."
Oyler abandoned traditional paintings several years ago and began cutting shapes and figures out of plywood. He washes the surface with thinned acrylic paint and wood stains to highlight patterns in the wood grain.
The exhibition will be on display March 3-April 6. A closing reception will be held from 6-8 p.m. Friday, April 4. Museum hours are 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday-Wednesday and Friday, noon to 8 p.m. Thursday and 1-4 p.m. weekends. Admission is free.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Come Color With Us! 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Congratulations May graduates - Graduation doesn't mean goodbye! 9:00 am
- NMU Big Dance Party (Rec Sports Zumba Master Class with Blacklights.) Community is invited! 8:30 pm
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Simply Superior Donut and Beer Pairing 5:30 pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Camp Michigamme: Walk-In Interviews 9:00 am