NMU Orchestra Tryouts
NMU Orchestra auditions are Monday, Jan. 13, the first day of the winter semester. The Orchestra has a particular need for more string players. There are also have limited slots for experienced players of the following instruments: flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn, trumpet, trombone, and percussion.
If you are a student, faculty, or staff member who can play a stringed instrument and would like to try out for the orchestra, please come to Reynolds Recital Hall between 4-6:30 p.m., Monday. Jan. 13 to perform a brief audition. An audition consists of a 1-2 minute excerpt of a learned solo or etude/exercise and one scale of your choice.
Ideally, we'd like you to sign up for an audition time slot on the music department bulletin board across the hall from the music department office (TFA 102) before 3:30 Monday, Jan. 13. But if you can't sign up for a time prior t the audition period, just show up and we will fit you in!
NMU Orchestra (MU116) is a course taken for .5 credit and meets Mondays and Wednesdays 4:30-6:30pm in RRH.
Please feel free to email or call (contact information below) Dr. Barbara Rhyneer, director, if you have any questions. If you miss the auditions, you can contact Dr Rhyneer and arrange an alternative time.
Most Popular Events
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- MLK Day Activities 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am