Discussion: Impact of Domestic and Sexual Violence
October is Domestic Violence Awareness Month. The Women's Center and Harbor House is organizing this discussion panel to raise awareness as to the impact that domestic and sexual violence has on our community in honor of this month. We are working in collaboration with NMU's Housing & Residence Life program, Women for Women, as well as the psychology department's honor society, Psi Chi to sponsor this event. We are going to have panelists from the county prosecutor's office, Marquette General Hospital's emergency department, the Women's Center's sexual assault advocate, the Women's Center and Harbor House's director, and several other community members. We hope this discussion will help educate both the student body and the community as to the importance of these issues and what we can do as a community to take a stand against violence.
Sponsor: The Marquette Women's Center & Harbor House, along with NMU's Women for Women, Psi Chi, and other community organizations.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, December 09, 2016
- Yooper Night at the Joe 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, December 28, 2016
- NMU Hockey vs. Cornell Post-Game Reception 6:30 pm
- Wednesday, February 08, 2017
- Summer Employment Fair 1:00 pm
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017
- Winter Semester Job Fair 1:00 pm
- Saturday, December 10, 2016
- Commencement Ceremony 10:30 am