Beaumier Coffee House Series featuring Tyler Detloff, Heather Evans and Sunset Machine
The Beaumier Coffee House Series returns for its third season on Saturday, September 7 with a trio of great original artists from the Marquette area, Tyler Detloff, Heather Evans and Sunset Machine. The concert will be held in the Peter White Lounge of the Don H. Bottum University Center and will begin at 7p.m. Admission is free to the public. This concert is funded in part by a grant from the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs.
Tyler Detloff and Heather Evans are Marquette singer/songwriter's known for both their solo work and as members of other groups in town. Both play in the group Lost Dog & the Big Hustle. Tyler also plays with Kiddy/Wompus while Heather played last year at the Coffee House in the duo, Team Awesome. They'll be joining forces at the Beaumier series, backing up each other on their original solo tunes. Together they recently released a CD titled, "Strange Soil."
Sunset Machine is an eclectic, independent band from Marquette, Michigan, focusing on original songs and music. The core of the group are songwriters Tony Parlatto and Joe Secreast, with a host of guest musicians. With influences that range from Bob Dylan and Wilco to indie pop and alt rock to 70's funk and R'n'B, the Machine are all over the map in a way that makes each trip with them an adventure. Sunset Machine is currently at work recording and mixing its first cd.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm