Presentation on Amazonian Dark Earths
Dr. Antoinette M.G.A. WinklerPrins will give a lecture at 7 p.m. Monday, Oct. 14 in the Mead Auditorium.
The presentation is free and open to the public. The title of her lecture is, "Amazonian Dark Earths and Their Implications for the Conservation and Development of the Region."
Dr. WinklerPrins is the new director of the enviornmental studies program at Johns Hopkins University.
This event is sponsored by the Earth, Environmental and Geographical Sciences Department and NMU's Eta Chi chapter of Gamma Theta Upsilon International Geographical Honors Society
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, August 31, 2016
- Multicultural Education and Resource Center Open House! 11:00 am
- Diversity in Environmental Institutions: Trends and Challenges 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm