Brain Tumor Center Open House
NMU HOSTS BRAIN TUMOR RESEARCH CENTER OPEN HOUSE
The Upper Michigan Brain Tumor Center, which is located on the Northern Michigan University campus, will hold an open house from 6-7:30 p.m. Thursday, May 9, in 1610 West Science. This event is in conjunction with the 8th annual Hope Starts Here Challenge, a fundraiser that takes place Saturday, May 11.
The UMBTC is a collaboration between Marquette General Health System-Duke LifePointe and NMU. The research lab, staffed by undergraduate and graduate students, participates in clinical trials and conducts basic research. Most of the research funding for the UMBTC comes from community support.
The Hope Starts Here Challenge is an annual UMBTC fundraiser. Participants can compete in a duathlon, half marathon, 5k and 10k races, as well as various walking and biking leisure events.
For more information on the open house, contact the NMU biology department at 906-227-2310. For Hope Starts Here Challenge information, go to visit hopestartshere.org.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, December 02, 2015
- Presentation on South Korea History and Culture 4:00 pm
- 28th Annual Lighting Up the Holidays at NMU 5:00 pm
- Friday, December 04, 2015
- Beaumier Coffee House Series: Claudia Schmidt 7:30 pm
- Thursday, December 03, 2015
- Celebration of Excellence in Teaching & Scholarship 4:00 pm
- Tuesday, December 01, 2015
- Senior Recital (tent.) 7:30 pm