Walk a Mile in Her Shoes
Join the Alpha Sigma Phi male fraternity and its members in wearing high-heels to support Sexual Assault Awareness Month by attending the 10th annual "Walk a Mile in Her Shoes" event at 6 p.m. Tuesday, April 16. All participants -–male and female-- are asked to wear high-heel shoes for the walk.
The walk begins in the Great Lakes Rooms of the University Center and will continue across Presque Isle Avenue and down a portion of Third Street before returning to campus.
Women are encouraged to donate old high-heel shoes for male participants to wear. It is free and open to the public.
This event is hosted by the Marquette Women's Center, NMU Public Safety, NMU Health Promotions Office, NMU's Women 4 Women student organization and the NMU cosmetology program.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am