Costa Rica Mogensen Reserve Fundraiser
Students from Northern Michigan University will talk about the experience and knowledge gained from a recent study abroad trip to Costa Rica. Core topics will include discussions on Ecology, Ecotourism, and partnership with Karen-Mogensen Reserve.
There will be a silent auction of souvenirs from Costa Rica to raise funds to purchase additional land for watershed protection at the Reserve.
The Mogensen Reserve has been a grassroots effort led by several local communities in Costa Rica aiming to protect their watershed. Attracting ecotourists to this site employs local people to work at Mogensen and supports local farmers and craftspeople. NMU students who visited are hoping to help raise public awareness about the site. They are also in the process of developing a student club to form a partnership with the Reserve.
Most Popular Events
- Monday, January 16, 2017
- MLK Day Activities 12:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am