Trends in U.S. Higher Education
Emerging Trends in Higher Education
Perspectives from Charles Rose, recent general counsel for the U.S. Department of Education
3 p.m. Monday, Feb. 18
NMU Reynolds Recital Hall
Free and open to the public
Rose served as the general counsel for the U.S. Department of Education from May 2009 to July 2012, advising the Secretary of Education on the department's signature reform initiatives, including Race to the Top, the innovation fund and Native American education initiatives.
For more than 30 years, he has advised educational institutions, state government agencies, municipalities, corporations and tribal nations on education, employment, labor relations and other critical matters.
He has also served, and is nominated for another term, on the Board of Trustees of the Morris K. and Stewart L. Udall
Foundation, dedicated to educating a new generation of
Americans to preserve and protect their national heritage through scholarship, fellowship and internship programs focused on environmental and Native American issues.
Rose is currently a partner with DrinkerBiddle, in the firm's Chicago and Washington, D.C., offices.
Presented by NMU's Office of the President.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm