Visiting Artists Recital: The Complete Grieg Violin Sonatas
Edvard Grieg will present Complete Piano Sonatas, Sonata in F Major, Opus 8 * Sonata in G Major, Opus 13 * Sonata in C Minor, Opus 45
It will include Steven Bjella on violin and Michael Keller on piano.
This concert will take place at 7:30 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 5 in Reynolds Recital Hall.
All tickets will be sold at the door. General admission/tickets are availalbe starting at 6:30 p.m. The cost of tickets is $8 for adults, $4 for students.
A rare opportunity to hear all three of the Norwegian composer's deeply nationalistic violin sonatas. Written between 1865 and 1887, the works are rich with folk-like melodies and harmonies reflecting a rich Norwegian heritage. Steven Bjella is Artist Teacher, Professor of violin, and Coordinator of Strings at the University of Wisconsin, Stevens Point. Michael Keller is Professor Emeritus of Music at UWSP. In addition to concertizing as a duo, each artist has performed widely throughout the US and Europe in recitals, orchestral concerti, and chamber music.
The concert is sponsored by the NMU Music Department with all proceeds going to music scholarships. For more information call 227-2563.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Film Screening: 'Requiem for a Dream' 9:00 pm
- Sunday, February 05, 2017
- Vintage Ski Day 12:00 pm