On-Campus Recruiting: Bering Strait School District
Bering Strait School District is recruiting certified teaching & administrative staff, and will be on campus for an informational presentation and interviews.
The Bering Strait School District (www.bssd.org), in northwest Alaska, serves fifteen isolated villages on the Seward Peninsula, on the eastern end of Norton Sound and on two islands in the Bering Sea. Current enrollment is approximately 1800 students and is almost 100% Alaskan Native Inupiat, Yu'pik or Siberian Yu'pik Eskimo. The district covers 84,000 square miles (larger than the State of Minnesota). Though it is too early to tell what specific openings they will have, history indicates that they normally hire EL ED teachers, Secondary Language Arts, Secondary Math, Secondary Science, Principals, Special Education teachers, and Counselors.
If you are interested in teaching in Alaska, please attend the information session on Thursday, 2/28. (Interested candidates may be interviewed after the presentation, so please come prepared.) Interviews are scheduled for Friday, 3/1; to apply for an interview, please email your resume & cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thursday, February 28, 2013 * 6:00 PM
3301 C.B. Hedgcock (Career Resource Room)
On-Campus Interviews (pre-scheduled):
Friday, March 1, 2013
3302.3 C.B. Hedgcock (Career Services Office)
Sponsored by: NMU Career Services
3302.3 C.B. Hedgcock | 1401 Presque Isle Ave. | Marquette, MI 49855
t: (906) 227-2800 | f: (906) 227-2807 | email@example.com
www.facebook.com/CareerServicesNMU | Twitter: NMUCareerServic
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm