Reading of John Milton poetry
"The Poetry of John Milton, featuring the 'Nativity Ode,'" will take place from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7th in Pioneer Room B in the University Center.
A selection of Milton's poems and prose will be presented by the "EN 422: John Milton" students of Dr. David Wood (NMU English Dept), and will culminate in a reading of one of Milton's beautiful and fascinating early poems, entitled "On the Morning of Christ's Nativity."
John Milton (1608-74) played a central role in 17th century English politics, as a member of Oliver Cromwell's Interregnum government, and is also the author of such epic poems as Sasmson Agonistes and Paradise Lost.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Friday, January 20, 2017
- 2017 Diversity Common Reader: Book Giveaway for Students 1:30 pm
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Film Screening: 'Requiem for a Dream' 9:00 pm