Reading of John Milton poetry
"The Poetry of John Milton, featuring the 'Nativity Ode,'" will take place from 12:30 - 1:30 p.m., Friday, Dec. 7th in Pioneer Room B in the University Center.
A selection of Milton's poems and prose will be presented by the "EN 422: John Milton" students of Dr. David Wood (NMU English Dept), and will culminate in a reading of one of Milton's beautiful and fascinating early poems, entitled "On the Morning of Christ's Nativity."
John Milton (1608-74) played a central role in 17th century English politics, as a member of Oliver Cromwell's Interregnum government, and is also the author of such epic poems as Sasmson Agonistes and Paradise Lost.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Saturday, June 11, 2016
- Hiawatha On The River 5:00 pm
- Monday, May 30, 2016
- NMU FINANCIAL AL AID AND ENROLLMENT CHANGES All Day