U.P. Art and Folklife Workshop: Birch Bark Trivets
U.P. Art and Folklife Workshop with guest and Anishinaabe elder Elizabeth Kimewon
The second of a two-part workshop on making birch bark trivets with porcupine quills and sweetgrass will be held from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3.
The first session held Friday, Nov. 2.
Limited seating for 15 - must pre-register for this two-part workshop by calling Dan Truckey at 906-227-1219 by 5 p.m., Monday, Oct. 29.
Co-hosted by the Beaumier U.P. Heritage Center, the Center for Native American Studies and made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, July 12, 2017
- 'The Nine Lives of a Cigarette Butt' Presentation 12:00 pm
- Friday, October 06, 2017
- Family Weekend All Day
- Friday, August 04, 2017
- NMU Night with the Timber Rattlers in Appleton, Wis. 5:30 pm
- Wednesday, September 20, 2017
- NMU College Night 6:00 pm
- Sunday, October 29, 2017
- Presidential Scholars Competition 6:00 pm