U.P. Art and Folklife Workshop: Birch Bark Trivets
U.P. Art and Folklife Workshop with guest and Anishinaabe elder Elizabeth Kimewon
The second of a two-part workshop on making birch bark trivets with porcupine quills and sweetgrass will be held from 9 a.m. - 1 p.m., Saturday, Nov. 3.
The first session held Friday, Nov. 2.
Limited seating for 15 - must pre-register for this two-part workshop by calling Dan Truckey at 906-227-1219 by 5 p.m., Monday, Oct. 29.
Co-hosted by the Beaumier U.P. Heritage Center, the Center for Native American Studies and made possible by the National Endowment for the Arts.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Monday, August 01, 2016
- Tobacco-free Anniversary Event 11:00 am
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm