Decolonizing Diet Project: Panel Presentation
Since March 25, 2012, Martin Reinhardt, PhD., an assistant professor in Native American Studies, has led an academic research project entitled the Decolonizing Diet Project. The project involves not eating foods that were not available in the Great Lakes Region prior to colonization. About 25 people have undertaken eating this diet. Several of the participants will discuss how the diet has gone for them over the past six months.
This event is part of NMU's Native American History Month celebration and is hosted by the NMU Center for Native American Studies.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Thursday, January 26, 2017
- Film Screening: 'Requiem for a Dream' 9:00 pm
- Sunday, February 05, 2017
- Vintage Ski Day 12:00 pm