Decolonizing Diet Project: Panel Presentation
Since March 25, 2012, Martin Reinhardt, PhD., an assistant professor in Native American Studies, has led an academic research project entitled the Decolonizing Diet Project. The project involves not eating foods that were not available in the Great Lakes Region prior to colonization. About 25 people have undertaken eating this diet. Several of the participants will discuss how the diet has gone for them over the past six months.
This event is part of NMU's Native American History Month celebration and is hosted by the NMU Center for Native American Studies.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, March 31, 2017
- Polymorphism in Great Bear Lake (NT, Canada) and Rush Lake (MI, USA) : Expanding the Model of Lake Trout Diversification 4:00 pm
- Thursday, March 30, 2017
- PigStock: A Carribean Feast 4:00 pm
- NMU Red Cross Club Blood Drive 12:00 pm
- Gonzo Media Presents: 'Freaks' 9:00 pm
- NSF Graduate Research Fellowship and Other Opportunities to Fund Your Education SkillBuilder 4:00 pm