Decolonizing Diet Project: Panel Presentation
Since March 25, 2012, Martin Reinhardt, PhD., an assistant professor in Native American Studies, has led an academic research project entitled the Decolonizing Diet Project. The project involves not eating foods that were not available in the Great Lakes Region prior to colonization. About 25 people have undertaken eating this diet. Several of the participants will discuss how the diet has gone for them over the past six months.
This event is part of NMU's Native American History Month celebration and is hosted by the NMU Center for Native American Studies.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Thursday, September 22, 2016
- Construction Management and Engineering Technology Career Fair 1:00 pm