Decolonizing Diet Project: Panel Presentation
Since March 25, 2012, Martin Reinhardt, PhD., an assistant professor in Native American Studies, has led an academic research project entitled the Decolonizing Diet Project. The project involves not eating foods that were not available in the Great Lakes Region prior to colonization. About 25 people have undertaken eating this diet. Several of the participants will discuss how the diet has gone for them over the past six months.
This event is part of NMU's Native American History Month celebration and is hosted by the NMU Center for Native American Studies.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, October 08, 2015
- AmeriCorps National Civilian Community Corps: Information Table 10:00 am
- Friday, October 09, 2015
- Family Weekend U.P. Fish Fry 4:00 pm
- Wednesday, October 14, 2015
- Beaumier Film Series 'Superior' 8:30 pm
- Wednesday, October 07, 2015
- Interest meeting: Faculty-Led Study Abroad in Cuba 5:00 pm
- Monday, October 05, 2015
- GMOs: Myths and Facts 7:00 pm