Your Health: Is it just a cough or lung disease?
For most people, coughs come and go. But for thousands of people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), just taking a breath can trigger a painful coughing spell.
COPD is one of the most common lung diseases and is often caused by smoking, or other lung irritants like air pollution, second-hand smoke or dust.
Dr. William Wadland, chair of MSU's Department of Family Medicine, will discuss COPD, its symptoms and new ways to manage the disease in the first Your Health Lecture Series presenation at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11, in the Reynolds Recital Hall.
The event is free and open to the public.
Most Popular Events
- Tuesday, April 25, 2017
- Come Color With Us! 2:00 pm
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017
- Congratulations May graduates - Graduation doesn't mean goodbye! 9:00 am
- Monday, April 24, 2017
- TWLOHA at NMU Can Drive All Day
- Friday, April 28, 2017
- Simply Superior Donut and Beer Pairing 5:30 pm
- Thursday, April 27, 2017
- Camp Michigamme: Walk-In Interviews 9:00 am