Your Health: Is it just a cough or lung disease?
For most people, coughs come and go. But for thousands of people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), just taking a breath can trigger a painful coughing spell.
COPD is one of the most common lung diseases and is often caused by smoking, or other lung irritants like air pollution, second-hand smoke or dust.
Dr. William Wadland, chair of MSU's Department of Family Medicine, will discuss COPD, its symptoms and new ways to manage the disease in the first Your Health Lecture Series presenation at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11, in the Reynolds Recital Hall.
The event is free and open to the public.
Most Popular Events
- Friday, September 09, 2016
- Comedian Tyler Boeh (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm
- Friday, July 29, 2016
- NMU Alumni Wine Tasting Event at Bullfrog Creek Vineyard Hosted 5:00 am
- Thursday, October 13, 2016
- American Association of Geographers West Lakes–East Lakes Meeting 5:00 pm
- Monday, August 01, 2016
- Tobacco-free Anniversary Event 11:00 am
- Friday, November 11, 2016
- Comedian Jeff Scheen (PrimeTime Productions) 8:00 pm