Your Health: Is it just a cough or lung disease?
For most people, coughs come and go. But for thousands of people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), just taking a breath can trigger a painful coughing spell.
COPD is one of the most common lung diseases and is often caused by smoking, or other lung irritants like air pollution, second-hand smoke or dust.
Dr. William Wadland, chair of MSU's Department of Family Medicine, will discuss COPD, its symptoms and new ways to manage the disease in the first Your Health Lecture Series presenation at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11, in the Reynolds Recital Hall.
The event is free and open to the public.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, January 18, 2017
- Warm Up Wednesday Concert Series Begins! Hiawatha Music Co-op and Student Chapter 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, February 01, 2017
- 'World War I Remembered' Grand Opening 5:00 pm
- Thursday, January 19, 2017
- Film Screening: 'FIGHT CLUB' 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 21, 2017
- Forming a Racial Equity Hub in the UP 11:00 am
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017
- SpringHill Camps: Information Table 10:00 am