Your Health: Is it just a cough or lung disease?
For most people, coughs come and go. But for thousands of people with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), just taking a breath can trigger a painful coughing spell.
COPD is one of the most common lung diseases and is often caused by smoking, or other lung irritants like air pollution, second-hand smoke or dust.
Dr. William Wadland, chair of MSU's Department of Family Medicine, will discuss COPD, its symptoms and new ways to manage the disease in the first Your Health Lecture Series presenation at 7 p.m., Thursday, Oct. 11, in the Reynolds Recital Hall.
The event is free and open to the public.
Most Popular Events
- Wednesday, February 17, 2016
- Do You Have the Next Big Idea? 5:30 pm
- Tuesday, February 23, 2016
- Wine & Beer Pairing Event 5:30 pm
- Saturday, February 13, 2016
- WinterFest Human Sled Dog Races/Obstacle Course/Tug-of-War 1:00 pm
- Saturday, February 20, 2016
- Regional Science Olympiad Tournament 9:00 am
- Wednesday, March 23, 2016
- Upper Great Lakes Collegiate Job Fair 1:00 pm