'Explorations of the Freshwater Sea Called Superior'
Join Joanie McGuffin and the Organization for Outdoor Recreation Professionals as we explore Lake Superior. Joanie will share her personal journey of discovery on two cross-Canada journeys with her husband, Gary. The couples' travels led to their personal discovery of the mystique of Superior and a subsequent canoe expedition around the great lake. Recently, Joanie and Gary have become keenly aware of the challenges facing the purest of the Great Lakes; Joanie will explore some of these challenges and discuss how concerned citizens can get involved in the protection of Lake Superior.
The event will be held in Jamrich 105.
Most Popular Events
- Thursday, May 05, 2016
- NMU Retirees Association Spring Social 10:00 am
- Tuesday, May 10, 2016
- A Scandinavian Dinner 6:00 pm
- Saturday, August 27, 2016
- Moose on the Loose Family Fun Run and 5K 9:30 am
- Saturday, May 07, 2016
- River Valley Hope Starts Here Challenge 7:00 am
- Sunday, May 08, 2016
- Upper Peninsula Youth Orchestra 3:00 pm