Travel and Research Support
The College of Business supports faculty attendance at professional meetings and professional development workshops. This support is anchored in the following principles
- The College of Business expects its faculty to engage in scholarship resulting in publication in refereed/peer reviewed journals.
- Professional development is a required component of a faculty member’s duties and responsibilities at Northern Michigan University, and is necessary for reappointment, tenure, and promotion.
- Intellectual contributions in the form of refereed/peer reviewed publications from faculty are a requirement for AACSB accreditation.
- The College is committed to maintain its AACSB accreditation.
- Faculty members are at different stages in their career cycle and university and college expectations for scholarship have evolved. Support and reward systems are necessary to build and maintain a culture of scholarship in the college.
The College of Business provides additional and specific support to encourage and reward scholarship. This support takes the form of additional travel funds, purchase of supplies including software, released time, publication bonus and summer research support. The primary purpose of this support system is to increase the quantity and quality of faculty scholarship as evidenced by publication in refereed/peer reviewed journals.
All faculty in the College are eligible to participate in:
- Additional Travel Support
- Research Incentive Plan
- Summer Research Stipend
For more information, contact Annette Brown at email@example.com.