New Business Venture Competition
- Each team or individual contestant whose proposal has been selected as a finalist for the competition will be reimbursed for up to $200 to defray expenses incurred in the course of preparing the Business Plan.
- All expenses must be incurred by the date of the final competition, March 29, 2018.
- Approved expenses include the following: developing prototypes or models, informational brochures, phone calls, software tools to build a Web site, travel required for research, and legal and accounting services. Meals, hotel stays, entertainment, computer hardware or electronic items for team members are not eligible for reimbursement.
- A single request for reimbursement for each team can be made and a check will be issued to the team leader. Requests for reimbursement must be made to the College of Business within one week of the completion of the competition and must be accompanied by receipts and an itemization of expenses. In some cases, the College of Business may pay for some of the expenses to save students from incurring out-of-pocket expenses. These payments will be applied towards the $200 allotted to each team or individual contestant. Requests for the College paying for expenses must be made in writing.
- Submit reimbursement requests and supporting documentation to Office of the Dean, College of Business, 304 Cohodas Hall, Northern Michigan University, Marquette, MI 49855.
To return to the overview, click here.