All students submitting a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) must meet the following general eligibility requirements in order to be considered for aid:
- Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) certificate or complete a high school education in a home school setting that is treated as a home school or private school under state law. (See the Financial Aid Office for more information.)
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible noncitizen.
- Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program.
- Have a valid Social Security Number.
- Meet satisfactory academic progress as defined by NMU.
- Must not be currently in a default status on a federal student loan or in an overpayment status on a federal grant.
- Register with the Selective Service, if required.
- Eligibility may be affected by prior drug convictions.