Northern offers students two opportunities to individually create programs: a baccalaureate degree and a certificate.
Interdisciplinary programs are those that are co-sponsored by two or more departments. Generally a student chooses an adviser from one of the sponsoring departments.
Northern offers an interdisciplinary baccalaureate degree program in secondary education integrated science.
Also within the interdisciplinary area are a two-year associate degree in general university studies and a minor program in gender studies.
Liberal Studies: Complete information on the liberal studies requirements and additional graduation requirements, including the health promotion requirement, is in the “Liberal Studies Program and Graduation Requirements ” section of this bulletin.
Courses within each major that can be used to satisfy liberal studies requirements are listed with the Roman numeral (in brackets) that coincides with the liberal studies division the course falls under.
- Individually Created Programs (ICP)/Individualized Studies
- Secondary Education Integrated Science Major
- Integrated Science Major with Biology Minor (Option I)
- Integrated Science Major with Chemistry Minor (Option II)
- Integrated Science Major with Earth Science Minor (Option III)
- Integrated Science Major with Physics Minor (Option IV)
- Neuroscience Major
Courses within the minor that can be used to satisfy liberal studies requirements are listed with the Roman numeral (in brackets) that coincides with the liberal studies division the course falls under.