Programs offered by the Engineering Technology Department prepare students for careers in fields such as electronics engineering technology, mechanical engineering technology, industrial technology, technology and applied sciences and industrial technology education. These programs have a foundation in mathematics, physical science, and computer science, as well as an in-depth technical focus.
The department also offers associate degrees in engineering design, electronics technology, industrial electrical technology, and manufacturing as well as a one-year certificate program in computer numerical control and plastic injection technology. These programs are designed for students who are seeking quick entry into the workforce. In most instances, courses completed toward an associate degree are applicable to a baccalaureate degree.
- Society of Automotive Engineers
- Student Michigan Education Association
- Automation Lab
- CAD Lab
- Data Acquisition Lab
- Electronics Lab
- Hydraulics Lab
- Machine Tool Lab
- Materials Testing Lab
- Process Control/PLC Lab
Students must have a minimum grade of “C” and a grade point average of 2.25 for all major courses and minor programs. Students majoring in industrial technology education must maintain a grade point average of 2.70 or greater with no grade below a “C” in the professional education sequence, the major and/or minor(s) and required cognates combined.
- Electronics Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Engineering Design - Associate of Applied Science
- Industrial Electrical Technology - Associate of Applied Science
- Manufacturing Technology - Associate of Applied Science
Liberal Studies: Complete information on the liberal studies requirements and additional graduation requirements, including the health promotion requirement, is in the “Liberal Studies Program and Graduation Requirements” section of this bulletin.
Courses within each major that can be used to satisfy liberal studies requirements are listed with the Roman numeral (in brackets) that coincides with the liberal studies division the course falls under.
- Electronics Engineering Technology Major
- Industrial Technology Major
- Mechanical Engineering Technology Major
- Secondary Education Industrial Technology Major
- Technology and Applied Sciences Major