FORMAL RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
February 22-23, 2007
1. That the minutes of the December 14-15, 2006 meeting of the Board be approved. (backup)
B. Gifts, Grants, Agreements and Contracts:
1. The following gifts to Technology and Occupational Sciences (values to be determined at sale):
Joseph & Joanne L'Huillier,
JM Longyear LLC,
Michael Marsden, DePere,
Ronald Patton & Robyn Lavey,
Carol Whitman Johnson,
2. A gift to Technology and occupational Sciences from Allen & Kathryn Solka, Marquette, Michigan, 12 new cookbooks (appraised value: $200).
3. A gift to Technology and Occupational Sciences form Allen & Kathryn Solka, Marquette, Michigan, one custom, king size quilt, made with designer floral fabric (appraised value: $1,500).
C. Personnel Actions:
1. Mary Freier, Associate Professor, Academic Information Services/Library, a tenure-earning appointment, effective March 5, 2007.
2. That Dr. Susan J. Koch be appointed Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and Professor with Tenure in the Department of Health, Physical Education and Recreation, effective July 1, 2007.
3. Charles Wolfe, Instructor,
1. That Mr. Stephen L. Gulis, Jr., '79, CFO, Executive Vice President and Treasurer, Wolverine World Wide, Inc., receive an Honorary Degree, Doctor of Business, at the May 2007 Commencement Ceremony. Mr. Gulis will also be the Commencement Speaker.
E. Property and Finance:
F. Special Items:
1. That the Department of Art and Design name be changed to the School of Art and Design.
2. That Mrs. Phyllis C. Maki receive the Northern Michigan University President's Lifetime Achievement Award, to be presented at an event held in her honor on campus on Saturday, March 24, 2007.
3. That the following Board of Trustees Standing Committees be approved for the period February 5, 2007 through December 31, 2007:
Academic Affairs Finance Executive
Jon G. LaSalle, Chair Douglas B. Roberts, Chair Samuel S. Benedict, Chair
Samuel S. Benedict Alan T. Ackerman Brian D. Cloyd
Brian D. Cloyd Stephen F. Adamini Douglas B. Roberts
Gilbert L. Ziegler Samuel S. Benedict Mary C. Lukens, ex officio
Mary C. Lukens, ex officio Mary C. Lukens, ex officio Leslie E. Wong, ex officio
Leslie E. Wong, ex officio Leslie E. Wong, ex officio Alan T. Ackerman, alternate