Board of Trustees
Ad Hoc Strategic Planning and Core Branding Committee Minutes
February 16, 2012
Members Present: Members Absent:
Dr. L. Garnet Lewis, Chair Mr. Robert “Bart” Bartkowiak
Dr. Mike Andary Ms. Gerri Daniels
Ms. Kaylie Anthos Ms. Kathy Godec
Ms. Bridget Berube Ms. Cynthia Prosen
Mr. Justin Brugman
Mr. Brian Cloyd
Dr. Brent Graves
Mr. Steve Gulis, Jr.
Ms. Martha Haynes
Dr. Paul Lang
Mr. Jack LaSalle
Mr. Gavin Leach
Ms. Cindy Paavola
Mr. Rick Popp
Dr. Jamal Rashed
Dr. Terry Seethoff
Dr. Sook Wilkinson
Dr. Leslie Wong
The meeting was called to order at 10:05 a.m.
Mr. Chuck Reed of Stamats, Inc. gave an overview of the survey results of the Five Brand Promise statements previously developed by the Committee and Stamats, Inc. These statements were tested for importance, believability, distinctiveness, and appeal. Key phrases or clauses within individual statements were also tested.
As a result of the survey and subsequent discussions, the Committee proposed a Brand Promise Statement and Brand Attributes.
The Brand Promise Statement and attributes will be reviewed
and discussed by the full Board at the February 16-17 Board Retreat.
· The Board of Trustees will formally approve the Brand Promise at the May meeting.
· Once the Brand Promise is approved, a timeline for implementation will be developed.
· The implementation of the Brand Promise will be announced in a coordinated manner. A launch celebration will be planned.
· The Brand Promise will not be released until the implementation plan is in place.
· Action Steps will be incorporated which will include outcome assessment measures.
The meeting was adjourned at 12:08 p.m.
L. Garnet Lewis, Chair