FORMAL RECOMMENDATIONS TO THE BOARD OF TRUSTEES
NORTHERN MICHIGAN UNIVERSITY Marquette, Michigan
February 17, 2011
1. That the minutes of the December 9-10, 2010, meeting of the Board be approved.
B. Gifts, Grants, Agreements and Contracts:
1. A gift to the Department of Art and Design/DeVos Art Museum from Jon Rafman, Westmount QC, Canada, DVD video titled, Koolaid Man in Second Life ($200 value).
2. A gift to the Department of Technology and Occupational Sciences from Allen and Kathy Solka, Ishpeming, MI, 1 handmade quilt/matching pillowcase ($1,500 value).
3. A gift to the Department of Art and Design/DeVos Art Museum from Edward A. Nelson, Jr.,(5) watercolor paintings by Nita Engle ($12,700 value).
4. A gift to the Department of Learning Resources from Da-Lite, Warsaw, IN, (2) Da-Lite Da-tex Truss screens, 146x25 ($14,584 value).
5. A gift from Marquette Board of Light and Power, Marquette, Michigan, an International 4700 Bucket Truck (IHTSCAAN5YH271992), an International 4800 Digger Truck (IHTSEAA51H324161), and a Butler Pole Trailer ($16,300 value).
6. A gift to the Department of Art and Design/DeVos Art Museum from ABA Teachers College, Chengdu, Sichuan, China, (5) ink and oil paintings ($17,000 value).
7. The grant from the Michigan Department of State to conduct motorcycle safety classes throughout the Upper Peninsula, in the amount of $78,405.33, for the period October 13, 2010 through September 30, 2011, under the direction of Mr. Cameron Hadley.
C. Personnel Actions:
Bergh, Bethney M., Assistant Professor, School
of Education, a tenure track appointment, effective
August 24, 2011. (New appointment)
Wozniak, Carl A., Assistant Professor, School of Education, a tenure
track appointment, effective
January 6, 2011. (Term to tenure earning)
3. Froiland, Thomas, Professor Emeritus of Biology, effective March 1, 2011.
D. Special Items
1. The following list of revised Board of Trustees Standing Committees be approved for the period January 1, 2011 through December 31, 2011:
Academic Affairs Finance Executive
L. Garnet Lewis, Chair Stephen F. Adamini, Chair Jon G. LaSalle, Chair
Jon G. LaSalle Stephen L. Gulis, Jr. Stephen F. Adamini
Richard M. Popp Gilbert L. Ziegler L. Garnet Lewis
H. Sook Wilkinson Brian D. Cloyd, ex officio Brian D. Cloyd, ex officio
Brian D. Cloyd, ex officio Leslie E. Wong, ex officio Leslie E. Wong, ex officio
Leslie E. Wong, ex officio
2. The following restructuring in Academic Information Services be approved:
a.) MicroRepair: Transfer to Information Technology (AdIT)
b.) Academic Computer Services: Unit dissolved, programming staff transferred to Information
c.) HelpDesk: Remains in AIS; name changed to Computing HelpDesk
d.) Combine Instructional Technology and Instructional
Media Services and rename Instructional
Design and Technology