Graduate Studies Admission
Graduate students should be familiar with the contents of the current Northern Michigan University Graduate Bulletin at the time of their admittance into a degree program. A guide for graduate students that expands on the Graduate Bulletin with respect to requirements and policies pertinent to individuals majoring in biology is found at Guide for Graduate Study in the Department of Biology.
Applicants for admission to the Northern Michigan University College of Graduate Studies and the Biology Department graduate program must submit the following:
The following should be submitted directly to the College of Graduate Studies:
- Completed Application for Admission -This form can be obtained from the College of Graduate Studies, Biology Department or online.
- Application for Assistantship (if desired)
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges
- Graduate Record Examination (GRE) scores.
- Three letters of recommendation.
- Letter of application describing your background, research interests and career goals as well as preferred start date.
International Students must also:
- Hold or obtain an F-1 or J-1 visa
- Submit official transcripts through an acceptable clearinghouse
- Present a Declaration and Certification of Financial Responsibility
- Submit evidence of proficiency in English (a minimum TOEFL score of 550 is required)
International students are encouraged to consult the International Affairs office by telephone (1-906-227-2910) or at firstname.lastname@example.org.