Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives
Northern State Normal School photographs
Table of Contents
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives
- Northern State Normal School (Mich.).
- Northern State Normal School photographs
- Date [inclusive]
- 1905 - 1910
- 1.0 folder
- Graphic materials [Folder]
- 35-03-08 LRC
Preferred Citation note
[Identification of item], in the Northern State Normal School photographs, MSS-041, Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives, Northern Michigan University.
Scope and Contents Note
This collection contains several images of students in groups outdoors at Northern State Normal School (now Northern Michigan University) in Marquette, Michigan. The students are engaged in various activities. Of particular note are images of Kaye Hall, the original Longyear Dormitory, and the Marquette Branch state prison. The photographs date from 1905 to 1910.
Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives 5/3/2010Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, Michigan, 49855
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Processing Information Note
Photographs and postcards were removed from a felt and black paper scrapbook. Each item was numbered as it was removed from book, and the place from which it was taken was also numbered. Many of the postcards and photographs were cut up to show specific individuals - only the cut pieces remained. Many items are missing. None of the individuals or events depicted are identified.
Controlled Access Headings
- Marquette Branch Prison (Marquette, Mich.).
- Northern Michigan University. Kaye Hall.
- Northern Michigan University. Longyear Dormitory.
- College students--Michigan--Marquette.
- Student activities--Michigan--Marquette.