Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives
John Boyd letters
Table of Contents
- Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives
- Boyd, John
- John Boyd letters
- Date [inclusive]
- 1.0 folder
- Text [Folder]
Preferred Citation note
[Identification of item], in the John Boyd letters, MSS-019, Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives, Northern Michigan University.
John Boyd, from Scotland, was employed by the J.P. Coates thread company in their Barcelona, Spain factory.
Scope and Contents note
This collection contains three letters written in 1927, 1930, and 1932 from John Boyd in Barcelona, Spain to his cousin Frank Ellison of Marquette, Michigan. The letters include description of life and politics in Barcelona post-World War I; Mussolini and fascism; economics and world depression; predictions concerning war; "talkie films" including the movie, "The Broadway Melody"; and family matters.
Central Upper Peninsula and Northern Michigan University Archives 8/1995Harden Learning Resources Center 126
1401 Presque Isle Ave
Marquette, Michigan, 49855
Conditions Governing Access note
No restrictions. Open for research.
Controlled Access Headings
- Europe--Politics and government--1918-1945.
- Italy--Politics and government--1922-1945.
- Spain--Politics and government--1923-1930.
- Ellison, Frank
- Depressions--1929--United States.
- Motion pictures--History.
- Motion pictures--Social aspects.