Searchable EAD Finding Aids
Finding aids help researchers find the materials you need from the Central Upper Peninsula & NMU Archives. The Archives staff have prepared finding aids in EAD (Encoded Archival Description), an encoding standard used to organize finding aids in a way that makes sense to you, the researcher.
A finding aid will...
- Provide the biographical or historic context of the person or organization you are researching.
- Show you how the collection is organized.
- List the contents of the collection, either by folder or item.
- Describe the contents of the collection with subject terms. You can use these subject terms to find out more about a particular topic.
- Tell you what level of access you can have to the materials.
Choose one of the options below to search for or browse a collection.