More room was still needed after completion of Peter White Hall of Science in 1902 and it was decided to construct an annex to South Wing which extended to the north. Completed in 1904, it housed the library on the first floor and the gymnasium in the basement. Later, this gymnasium was converted into rooms for the Home Economics Department. The library was to stay in the annex until 1915 when it moved to the newly completed Kaye Hall. The annex was then divided up into offices and a corridor which permitted indoor passage between Longyear and Kaye Halls. A second floor was added to the annex around 1948.