The Alumni Legacy Scholarship is offered exclusively to students whose parent or grandparent is a Northern Michigan University alumni and reside in the state of Michigan. The NMU Alumni Association will award ten $1,000 Legacy Scholarships annually. Student recipients may re-apply.
In order to qualify for this award, students must meet the following criteria:
- Must be the child or grandchild of an NMU graduate
- Must be a Michigan resident attending NMU, having earned at least 60 credits (Junior status)
- Must be a continuous, full-time student enrolled in at least 12 credit hours per semester for the duration of the award
- Must complete and return the Alumni Legacy Certification form (on application system) by the specified deadline.
- Must complete a Personal Statement paper that addresses the following:
--Please describe your extracurricular involvement (school, community and/or
spiritual organizations) during the past three years;
--For your parent (grandparent) who is an alum, what do they describe to you as their best memory of their NMU experience?
--Why did you choose to attend NMU?
--Any other information you would like to share with the scholarship committee.
Students wishing to apply should visit the NMU scholarship website to access the form and application deadline information.
The Alumni Dependent tuition program enables dependents(ages 24 or younger) of out-of-state NMU Alumni pay in-state tuition rates. By graduating from Northern, you earned this special benefit.
It doesn't matter whether you live in Kokomo, Kewaunee, Keokuk, Kodiak or Katmandu! For your child to receive this benefit, all that matters is that you hold an associate, baccalaureate or graduate degree from NMU.
To take advantage of this program call:
Ask for information about the Alumni Dependent Tuition Program or e-mail the NMU Admissions office at email@example.com