Applicants must pay the non-refundable application processing fee unless:
- They have paid once already at the same degree level for which they are applying (students pay only once at the undergraduate level and once at the graduate level .i.e. once before receipt of baccalaureate degree and once after, if continuing); or
- They qualify for the senior citizen tuition waiver (age 62 and older).
In the event that an applicant does not attend NMU for the initial term of application, the application fee will be applied to any term occurring within one calendar year of the initial term of application.
Undergraduate Application Fee:
The application fee for undergraduate students is $35.00.
- If you applied using our on-line application please return to your saved application and pay the fee via the link in your application checklist.
- If you applied using a paper application form please visit nmu.edu/appfee.
- You may also pay by mail (check or money order), or via phone (credit card) by calling 1-800-682-9797 or 1-906-227-2650.
In cases of financial hardship, an application fee waiver request may be made. Students (both first-year students and transfer) may access and print a fee waiver request form from the university website. NMU also considers requests made via standard fee waiver request forms such as College Board, NACAC, or high school forms verifying financial status. Fee waiver request forms can be returned by email, fax (906-227-1747), or mail.
Upon request, NMU will waive the application fee for those on active military duty or who are veterans. Enter the appropriate code in the online application fee section or contact our office.
Graduate Application Fee:
The application fee of $50 (graduate) may be paid online, by mail (check or money order), or by phone (credit card) by calling the Office of Graduate Education and Research (906-227-2300) or the Student Service Center (906-227-1221).
A financial hardship waiver of the application fee may be possible if circumstances warrant it. To be considered for a fee waiver, please submit a brief request via letter or e-mail.
Upon request, NMU will waive the application fee for those on active military duty or who are veterans. Enter the appropriate code in the online application fee section or contact our office at 906-227-2300.