Attend all classes and take notes.
- Start off right. Don't wait to put in the time you need. Start the semester off organized and working hard.
- Try not to give yourself classes back to back during the day. Leave yourself time to stay afterwards and ask questions or just relax before your next class.
- Decide how you learn. If you learn best working with other people, find some classmates and form a study group. Whether alone or with a group, find a study place where you can be free from distractions.
- Study the hardest subject first while you're freshest.
- Don't be afraid to ask for help from your professor, on-campus tutoring center, classmates or resident advisor.
- Take care of yourself. You need proper amounts of sleep, good nutrition and exercise in order to think clearly.
- Keep a calendar so you know when big exams and papers are approaching. Work ahead to avoid the need to cram.
- Balance your academic schedule. Each semester take some classes that will challenge you, but also take some classes that you consider interesting and fun.
- Reward yourself for hard work.