Wildcat Weekend Activities
Days or times marked with an * are optional and to be accomplished on your own.
- Travel to NMU and check out the town
- Have a great dinner at one of the many restaurants in Marquette
- Drive to Presque Isle Park
- Attention admitted students who submitted their completed FAFSA by March 1st: If you wish to pick up your award letter and meet with a financial aid counselor on Friday, March 22nd (instead of Saturday), please schedule a half hour appointment by contacting the Financial Aid Office directly at 1-906-227-2327. Financial aid award letters will also be available on Saturday in the Admitted Student Lounge. (Photo identification must be presented)
8:00 a.m. - Check-in begins in the C.B. Hedgcock Building
(Please plan to arrive between 8:15 and 8:30 a.m.)
8:30 a.m.-1 p.m.
- Welcome address
- Meet staff members representing offices throughout campus including Multicultural Education and Resource Center, Housing and Residence Life and many others during the Information Fair
- Get a taste of the academic experience with current students and faculty
- Eat lunch in a campus dining hall with NMU students and staff
- Talk with current students and find out about life at NMU during the student panel
1-10 p.m. *
- Tour campus guided by an NMU student
- Bus tour of Marquette
- Visit the NMU Bookstore
- Check out NMU’s Physical Education and Instructional Facility
- Explore campus further – walk around, grab a cup of Starbucks, talk to students, etc.
- Explore Marquette
- Chat with NMU Alumni about what life is like after graduation
Travel home safely and reflect on your visit to NMU.